Documents you (may) need (to bring)

Use the checklist to know what’s needed in your case

  • A (copy of a) valid passport: Copies of the ID page, signature and visa pages may suffice. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of issue of the entry visa/MVV.
  • A copy of a birth certificate of you and accompanying family members which has been legalised  or provided with an apostille. The legalisation may not be older than six months.
  •  A copy of the following documents, if applicable, is required for you and your accompanying family member:
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce certificate
  • Adoption certificate
  • Any other documents relating to any changes of name

Please note that all these documents may have to be legalised. Some authorities may ask for an official document stating your (former) address in your home country (for instance a copy of the letter of appointment, a bank statement or a telephone bill).

If you do not receive a salary from EUR, you need to provide:

  • a proof that you have sufficient means of support. This could be a copy of the scholarship or fellowship certificate issued by the provider, or a statement issued by your bank confirming the balance of your account.
  • a copy of a certificate that proves that you have the appropriate qualifications for the research to be done (translated into Dutch of English).
  • a proof of a medical insurance with coverage in the Netherlands

If you are asked to provide documents, please bear in mind that the Dutch authorities only accept documents written in Dutch, English, German or French. Documents in other languages must be accompanied by an official translation.