The Erasmus MC has 5 graduate schools that offer courses for PhD candidates.
- Erasmus Postgraduate school Molecular Medicine (MolMed)
- Cardiovascular Research School Erasmus University Rotterdam Graduate School (COEUR)
- Neurosciences Amsterdam Rotterdam (ONWAR)
- Medical Genetics Centre South-West Netherlands (MGC)
- Netherlands Institute for Health Sciences (NIHES)
MolMed has a wide variety of courses which are open to all PhD candidates.
COEUR, ONWAR, and MGC provide some courses mostly focused on the specializations from their graduate school.
NIHES provides a wide variety of courses, though not all are available for PhD candidates.
Course codes that start with “SC” are only available for research master students
The Medical Library also provides some courses:
Systematic literature search (Pubmed, Embase).
Putting together and keeping up publication lists.
Working with Endnote.
Scientific Integrity course (obligatory for PhD-students)
eBROK (obligatory for PhD-students doing studies subjected to the WMO*)
Link: https://nfu-ebrok.nl/?lang=en (ENG)
* Wet medisch-wetenschappelijk onderzoek met mensen / Law for medical-scientific research with humans
Courses in Biomedical English Writing & Communication (highly recommended but not obligatory)
Both NIHES and MolMed offer a course in Biomedical English Writing & Communication. Although the NIHES course is more extensive, it has a long waiting list. A good alternative is the MolMed course. It is recommended to follow one of these courses during your PhD.